Involuntary refunds may be made when an airline:
- cancels a flight.
- delays a flight over 5 hours.
- fails to stop at the point, where the passenger is destined or ticketed to stop over.
- is unable to provide previously confirmed space.
- causes a passenger to miss a connecting flight on which the passenger holds a ticket (connection flights sold on one ticket).
- makes planned schedule change, where the new departure or arrival time is later more than 5 hours from original departure or arrival times.
- has refused to carry a passenger because of safety or legal requirements.