Dina rättigheter som passagerare
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you might have experienced in case of flight irregularities such as cancellation, long delay or denied boarding on the flight on which you hold a confirmed reservation. In accordance with the EC 261/2004 Regulation you are entitled to certain rights like compensation and assistance, depending on the specific situation. Below please find Brief information regarding your rights.
Regulation EC 261/2004 full version can be found HERE.
The Regulation applies:
- to passengers departing from an EC airport or departing from an airport of a third country
- when carried by an EC carrier flying to an EC-country, unless you received benefits or compensation and were given assistance in that third country
- only if you have a confirmed reservation on the flight concerned
- only if you (except in case of cancellation) present yourself in time for check-in or if no time is indicated at least 45 minutes before the published departure time
- only if you travel on a ticket bought at a fare available to the public.
In accordance with the EC Regulation a delay occurs when a flight is delayed beyond its scheduled departure time by 4 hours for flights of more than 3500 km, by three hours for flights between 1500 km and 3500 km as well as intra- Community flights of more than 1500 km, and by 2 hours for flights of up to 1500 km. When your flight is expected to have a long delay, passengers are entitled to receive care while waiting. This includes: meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time, if necessary hotel accommodation including transfer costs and the possibility of making two phone calls, fax or e-mail messages. Care for passengers while waiting may be declined if the provision of the care would itself cause further delay. In case of more than 5 hours delay you are entitled to a refund of your ticket within seven days for the parts not used or for those parts already used if your flight no longer serves its purpose and when relevant a return flight to your first point of departure. You are entitled to receive compensation if you arrive at your final destination with a delay of more than 3 hours provided and the delay is not attributable to extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include bad weather conditions, political instability, strikes, security risks or unexpected flight safety shortcomings.
If in case of overbooking you are denied boarding involuntarily on a flight for which you hold a reservation, you are entitled to care as laid out in the previous section on ‘ delay ‘. In addition you are entitled to re-routing under comparable conditions to your final destination at the earliest opportunity. Subject to availability of seats you may instead choose re-routing to your final destination at a later date of your convenience in which case you will have to bear yourself the cost of food, accommodation and transfer. If you do not wish re-routing you have the right to a refund as laid out in the previous section on ‘delay ‘. If you are denied boarding involuntary you are entitled to compensation. The compensation shall be paid in cash, cheque or bank transfer or with your agreement if form of vouchers. The amount of compensation depends on the distance of the scheduled flight and the alternative flight proposed to you.
If your flight for which you hold a valid reservation is cancelled you are entitled to re-routing or refund, care and accommodation as laid out here above. You are not entitled to receive compensation if the cancellation is attributable to extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Equally there is no right to compensation when the passenger has been informed of the cancellation:
- at least 14 days before the scheduled time of departure
- between 14 and 7 days before the scheduled time of departure and the alternative flight departs no more than 2 hours before the originally scheduled time of departure and reached the final destination less than 4 hours after the scheduled time of arrival
- less than 7 days before scheduled time of departure and the alternative flight departs no more than 7 hour before the originally scheduled time of departure and reaches final destination less than 2 hours after the scheduled time of arrival
Compensation amounts to:
- 250 € for flights up to 1500 km,
- 400 € for flights between 1500 km and 3500 km and intra-Community flights of more than 1500 km,
- 600 € for flights of more than 3500 km
If you are offered an alternative flight the scheduled arrival time of which does not exceed 2 hours in respect of flights up to 1500 km, 3 hours in respect of flights between 1500 km and 3500 km as well as intra-Community flights of more than 1500 km and 4 hours in respect of all other flights the above mentioned compensation amounts can be reduced by 50%, i.e 125 €, 200 €, 300 €. These rights are not granted if you have been denied boarding on reasonable grounds such as reasons of health, general or operational security or inadequate travel documentation.
In case that voluntarily give up the right to travel on the flight booked on an overbooked flight you have the right to receive compensation not regulated by law to fly on an alternative flight as soon as possible or if you wish at a later date proved that there are seats available or you may receive a refund of your ticket.
If you are placed in a class lower than that for which the ticket was purchased you are entitled to compensation within seven days. The amount of compensation depends on the distance of the scheduled flight and the price per flight segment:
- 30% up to 1500 km or
- 50% for flights between 1500 km and 3500 km and intra-Community flights of more than 1500 km or
- 75% for flights of more than 3500 km
You will find a list of all National Enforcement Bodies responsible for ensuring passenger rights under following link: http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/passengers/air/doc/2004_261_national_enforcement_bodies.pdf
If you are dissatisfied with the service provided by our representatives, please find below contact details where we wait for your feedback. https://www.nordica.ee/et/ettevottest/kontaktid/kaebuse-esitamise-vorm/
In accordance with EC Regulation, below you will find the contact details of the Estonian body responsible for enforcing passengers' rights:
Pronksi 12,10117 Tallinn, Eesti